Teen Patti is one of the most popular table card games that are played in India. Once translated, the game stands as “3 Cards”. It is also known as “Flush” or “Flash”. Originally created in India, this game has now reached all the corners of the world and can be easily enjoyed as the rules are similar to 3 Card Brag. A regular game of Teen Patti has 3 to 7 players who discard the jokers from the 52-pack and play with the rest.
Teen Patti is available to be played online on the leading gambling websites which allow Indian citizens to add money to the pot and play the game with other Teen Patti enthusiasts from all across the world. By default, you will get three cards dealt out to you in a face-down position. The one who perseveres till the end with the best possible combination of cards is the winner who gets the entire real money pot. Just like poker however, Teen Patti can also be played for fun and competition without involving any real money investment.
Some of the most trustworthy real money Teen Patti gambling sites for real cash play in India include 22Bet, Jackpot City, Bet265, Spin Casino and so on. With high-quality gaming technology and a seamless platform, Teen Patti online for real money allows all players to place bets and play to their hearts content. What’s more? Playing for real money online comes with generous bonuses and surprise promotional offers!
Teen Patti Gold Demo Gameplay
Teen Patti Card Game (Known as 3 Card Poker)
Teen Patti, as the name suggests, is also known as 3 Card Poker. Although it is somewhat different from the traditional poker that is more readily available on online gambling platforms, 3 Patti does retain a couple of poker features. In this game, one of the virtual players (among the 3-7 players) becomes the dealer. This player deals the cards in the anti-clockwise manner. With the pot already full, the player with the best hand wins it all.
Get Started with Teen Patti and Start Earning Real Cash
Getting started with Teen Patti in online gambling hubs is a simple and secure process. Once you are familiar with the rules and the hand rankings, all you need to do is select a trustworthy and licensed online casino and open an account there. The next step is to make a deposit and then join a Teen Patti game. The rest will go along smoothly!
How to Play Teen Patti?
The following are the steps via which players can play online 3 Patti easily:
- Step 1: One of the virtual players will be chosen as the dealer for the Teen Patti game. They will have to shuffle the 52-pack of cards and discard the jokers. The rest of the cards will be available for the game. This player will now have to deal all the remaining cards in an anti-clock wise manner.
- Step 2: Before the dealing of the cards, the pot or the Ante amount will have to be mutually agreed upon by all the players. Each player has to add the decided individual amount into the pot. This will constitute the boot money.
- Step 3: The dealer will give you three face-down cards. You can place a bet with or without seeing what cards you have. The player who places wagers without seeing is called the poker blind player and the one who places a bet after seeing is called the seen player.
- Step 4: After deciding to view or not view the cards, the “Chaal” or “Action” step takes place. This continues till the last player with the best hand remains. They can claim the entire pot as reward.
Teen Patti Rules
Teen Patti rules are fairly simple to understand as well as implement. The following are some of the basic rules that will help you start off with the game. As you play more and understand the hand rankings, you will become a Teen Patti champion in no time.
The Teen Patti Rules are as follows:
- 3 Patti online game starts with each player adding a certain pre-decided amount of real money into the pot or the Ante. This sum of money is also referred to as a boot amount. This money is instrumental in discouraging players from folding. At the end of an online game, the remaining boot money is distributed amongst the players who have been there till the end.
- Once the betting process is over, you can choose to play blind or seen. This means that you can either select to see the three cards provided to you face-down or not. This decision will influence your next bets.
- Teen Patti real money game rules state that the “Actions” include “Call” and “Raise”. If you choose to call, then you will have to add in an extra wager of the same amount as the previous bet. You could also choose to raise by increasing your previous bet.
- The bets you will subsequently place have certain restrictions attached to them. If you go for a Raise, the bet has to be lower than twice the last player’s bet. The bet also needs to be in even numbers since a blind player bets half the regular bet.
- If you choose to play blind and the player in front of you is seen, then you can bet equal to or half of the previous bet. If the player in front is also blind, then you can wager twice your last bet.
- If you choose to play in the seen mode and the player in front is also seen, then you can bet twice the last bet or the same amount. If the player in front is playing blind, then you can wager upto 4x your last bet.
Note that there is an additional rule in Teen Patti that will work in the favour of those who are new to the game. This rule is termed as “Sideshow”. Here, you can request a player to display their cards to you. A player can only refuse to do so three times, after which they must show their cards. The cards are then judged and the player with a weaker hand is forced to fold.
Teen Patti Variations
Teen Patti is a fun game not only because it is fair and easy to play, but also because there are a host of variations which keep things different and hence, interesting. The following are the 3 Patti variations that you need to take a look at:
Here, the basic 3-card rule changes a bit. The players are all dealt 4 cards instead of the regular 3. With these 4 cards, they have to create a winning 3-card combination.
This is a super fun reversal variation of the classic Teen Patti real money play online. Here, the hand rankings are reversed, making the least ranked hand the highest ranked hand and vice versa.
We have all heard of “Wild Card Entry”. This variation of the game is similar. The designated dealer picks out a random card after dealing and turns all other cards of the same rank into wild cards.
Here, the lowest ranked cards that a player has in hand are nominated as wild cards in their hand only.
Similar to the Low Wild variation, here the highest ranked cards in hand are deemed to be the wild cards.
In this variation, players get 4 cards and the 2 lowest cards when taken together form the virtual wild card in the player’s hand. If you get the lowest cards as a pair, then it will form a single wild card. If the middle rank cards form a pair, that does not count.
Bust Card Draw
In the Teen Patti online real money game, the dealer takes out a random card from the deck after dealing and deems all cards of the same rank as bust cards. If you hold any of the bust cards, then you will have to fold as per the rules.
This is an interesting variation of Teen Patti. Here, you get a combination of face-up and face-down cards. The face-down cards that get dealt to you are the hole cards and the face-up cards are the street cards. The mix of hole cards and street cards depends on the type of Teen Patti you have decided on.
This variation of our game is very similar to the Texas Hold’em Poker game. Here, you will be handed an incomplete hand of cards in the face-down position. At the centre of the play table, a host of face-up community cards are kept. These community cards can then be used to create the best 3 Patti winning combination.
The versions of the Community 3 Patti Card Game include:
- Three-Card Community: Here, individual players are dealt with 2 face-down cards and 1 face-up community card.
- Five-Card Community: Here, individual players are dealt with 2 face-down cards and 3 face-up community cards. Certain versions may ask players to choose 1 face-down card and 2 face-up cards to make their best winning combination.
Teen Patti Sequences
The following is a detailed list of the Teen Patti sequences that will enable all real money players to win big by creating the best combinations. These include:
- Three of a Kind/Trio: This quite simply means three of the same cards. The highest three of a kind is Aces and the lowest trio is the twos.
- Straight Flush/ Pure Sequence: In 3 Patti, a straight flush means three cards one after another. These must belong to the same card suit. The highest pure sequence combination is the A-2-3. The next ones include A-K-Q, K-Q-J and so on. The lowest straight flush is 4-3-2. In an online real money Straight Flush combination for Teen Patti, even K-A-2 is considered to be a valid pure sequence combination.
- Straight: Similar to the Straight Flush/Pure Sequence, here you will have three consecutive cards that are not in the same card suit. The highest card sequence is A-2-3 and the lowest straight sequence is 4-3-2. In this case, K-A-2 is not a valid combination.
- Colour Flush: If you have 3 cards of the same suit in a game, then you have a flush. If two players in a 3 Patti game have flushes, then the player with the high card wins the round. In case the players have the same card value, then the ranking is done on the basis of the card suit, starting from spades and ending at clubs.
- Pair/Double: This sequence is simple to understand. Two cards of the same rank constitute a pair. The highest value pair is the Aces and the lowest value pair is the Deuces. In case both players have pairs, the player with the higher value pair wins. If the pairs are of the same value, then the third card in hand determines the outcome of the game.
- No Pair/High Card: If both players at the end have the same value high card, then the remaining cards must be taken into account while declaring the winner.
Guide to Teen Patti Online
The following is a guide list to understand the Teen Patti online game clearly:
- Each player in the Online Real Money game mode has to add to the boot or Ante amount. It is also called the pot. As per 3 Patti rules, you will get 3 cards face-down.
- A random player is chosen as the dealer and the player sitting next to the dealer is from where the game begins. The game proceeds in clockwise direction.
- You can place your wager without seeing the cards (blind play) or seeing it (seen play). You can next select “Call” or “Raise” depending on the rules mentioned above.
- To “Call” means to place a bet equal to the last bet and to “Raise” means to place a bet more than the last bet. All these bets will also depend on the player next to you and whether they are playing in the blind or seen mode.
Where Can I Play Teen Patti Online?
There are several online casinos that host 3 Patti for Indian users. But not all are trustworthy to access. Hence, we have researched and brought you the top popular and reliable online casinos to gamble at. Check the list below where you can play for real money and may even earn good offers.
Play Teen Patti Pin Up Casino
Pin Up is one of the leading online casinos accessible in India. The platform hosts several online and live casino games that are easily playable through the Indian Rupee currency.
During our Pin Up Casino review, we found three different varieties of Teen Patti games here. If you are new to the platform, you can sign-up and claim the welcome bonus deals to play the game. The welcome bonus will help improve your bankroll overall. Also, unless you are sure you can play for real money, we suggest you try the demo version for free.
Play Teen Patti MostBet Casino
MostBet is the next best online gambling and sports betting platform on our list. It has been in the business since 2009, proving amazing reliability and trust to the users.
At MostBet, you can find a variety of games to enjoy. Among these, there are a few Teen Patti variants to play. Developers like Ezugi, XProGaming, TVBet, VIVOGaming and a few others have brought their 3 Patti titles here. You can access the game in both software and live versions.
Play Teen Patti 1Win Casino
1Win Casino is a wholesome betting platform offering a wide range of online casino games. From Andar Bahar to Slots, Teen Patti, live dealer games and more, the platform has a lot to offer.
1Win Casino has an excellent variety of 3 Patti games. Users from India can play this game with Hindi-speaking croupiers at 1Win live casino. Moreover, you can also opt for a software-version for the game to play by yourselves.
Play Teen Patti 4RaBet Casino
4RaBet is home to around 8000 online casino games accessible both in live and software versions. It sure has one of the richest collections of games to play and enjoy.
You will also find different variants of Teen Patti brought by different developers. Some of the options included here are Teen Patti Champion, Teen Patti Express, Teen Patti 20-20 and Poker Teen Patti. 4RaBet also mentions some exciting tips and tricks for its users to learn. Visit the site to know all about it.
3 Patti Online Hand Rankings
Teen Patti Online Sequences have already been mentioned above. Based on those, hand rankings have been laid out in details below:
Trail, Set or Trio
A trail, set or trio refers to the same thing. It is a combination of three cards of the same kind, without much need to check the colour or suit. Three aces make the highest value trio, with the aces being from hearts, spades and diamonds together. Three aces of hearts also have the same hand ranking in Teen Patti. Kings come next, followed by the three of Queens, Jacks, 10s and ultimately the lowest 2s.
This is known as the “pack round” in India. A-2-3 of of hearts, diamonds, spades or clubs is the highest hand ranking in the Teen Patti online game. There are variants of Teen Patti where A-K-Q is deemed the highest hand ranking. 4-3-2 gets the lowest rank.
Here, just like in a Straight Flush, a A-2-3 of of hearts, diamonds, spades or clubs is the highest hand ranking. There are variants of Teen Patti where A-K-Q is deemed the highest hand ranking. 4-3-2 gets the lowest rank.
In this sequence, the highest hand ranking is A-K-J of spades, clubs, diamonds or hearts. The next hand ranking sequences include A-K-10, A-K-9 and more. The lowest hand ranking here is 5-3-2.
Two aces of any colour or suit form the highest hand ranking for this sequence. In case the players have the same pair ranking, the odd card plays the role of the tie-breaker. A-A-K is highest hand ranking while 2-2-3 is the lowest hand ranking.
In this sequence, A-K-J is the highest hand ranking while 5-3-2 is the lowest Han ranking.
The following table will enable a brief overview of the hand rankings in the game of online 3 Patti.
|Three of a kind/trio||52||0.24%||424.00:1|
|Straight flush/pure sequence||48||0.22%||459.42:1|
|No pair/high card||16,440||74.39%||0.34:1|
Teen Patti Game Terms to Know
The following is a list of the 3 Patti Game Terms that you need to know before you start playing the game with real money play:
The boot is the pot or the ante. It refers to the forced wager that has to be made before the beginning of any Teen Patti online game. The individual amount that has to be paid is pre-decided and equal amongst all players. This boot amount makes sure that players who fold feel the slight pain of loss as all their wagers come back empty. In case a player wants to re-enter a game, they must post a particular amount. This amount is equal to the amount of the boot at the time the player exited the game.
A player who chooses to play blind or without seeing their card is called a blind player. The blind player must put a bet amount in the ante. This must be equal to the latest stake or double that amount. For the first blind player, the stake amount is equal to the pot amount or twice of it.
The bet amount of a blind player is the stake amount for the next player. If the bet is placed by a seen player, then the wager becomes half the amount. The next blind player will have a wager amount equal to the bet amount or double of it.
A player who plays with cards that they have selected to see is known as a seen player. A seen player has a host of decisions to make. These include whether they would like to select “Chaal”, “Pack” or go with other available options such as “Show” and “Side Show”.
If you choose “Chaal”, then you must enter your bet amount into the pot or ante. For a seen player, the bet amount is equal to two times or four times the latest wagering amount. If the player before is a blind player, then the bet amount is equal to the amount wagered by the player. If the player before is a seen player, then the bet amount will be equal to half the initial bet.
This is a term that all Teen Patti players must be familiar with. This allows you to eliminate a player before you. Both you and the previous player must be seen players for this function to work. To start a Side Show the player needs to add equal or two times the latest wager to the pot. Once the request for a sideshow is conveyed to the previous player, they can reject the demand for only 3 times. After this, they are bound to show their cards. If their cards are worse than yours, then they will have to fold. If you do not get to see the cards, then the turn goes on to the next player.
3 Patti Limited Stake and Unlimited Teen Patti Stake Tables
A limited stake game is a good option for beginners. This enables newbies to understand the game from the basics and not give away too much money in the process. A limited stake Teen Patti game is also ideal for budgeting. Here, a limit is set to the money a player can stake in a certain time. If the boot amount is limited to ₹2, then a player is allowed to stake only up to 4 blinds. The maximum chaal in this case will be ₹256 and the pot limit will be set at ₹2,048. If the pot limit gets reached, all the players are asked to show their hands. The winner takes home the chicken dinner… ahem, the pot!
Loose Play vs. Tight Play
In Teen Patti, players fold immediately or play even after the first round. On the basis of this, the game can be divided into tight play and loose play. In case of tight play, the weaker hands are eliminated in the first round itself, while in loose play, all the weaker hands are kept part of the game to increase the boot amount and reach a satisfying showdown.
Play Multiplayer Teen Patti Online
3 Patti is an interactive game. You can play the card game online against friends in the multiplayer version where you can all join a Teen Patti room. You can also play in the multiplayer version with online players from across the world. The number of Teen Patti players in one game varies between 3-7.
Betting on Teen Patti
At start 3 Patti betting will look like it is complicated, but once you go through this brief guide and play a couple of hands, you will realise that is not the case.
Teen Patti betting starts with the pre-determined individual pot bet where you place your initial wagers. The next wagers depend on whether you call (add in the amount as before) or raise (increase your initial bet). These constitute the Chaal round which also includes the Side Show. The next bets also depend on the player before you and whether they are blind or seen. The bets also depend on whether you are playing in the blind or seen mode.
Live Teen Patti
Live Teen Patti online or via apps lets you play against your friends or other Teen Patti enthusiasts in real time online multiplayer games. In the live version, you will get a real dealer (or a realistic AI version), 3D cards and chips, smooth gameplay and a user-friendly interface. Live Teen Patti provides you the perks of an online gameplay, but also ensures that you feel that you are playing the card game in the land-based mode with a hands-on approach.
Teen Patti APKs on Mobile
Teen Patti can be played online as well as on APKs on your mobile phone. You can download Teen Patti apps from the Apple Store or from the Google Play Store. These apps have multiplayer options where you can play 3 Patti with your friends, other enthusiasts from all over the world as well as with the computer. There are also great tournaments with a host of prizes for you to try out on 3 Patti APKs on mobiles (Android as well as iOS version).
Best Real Money Teen Patti Casinos
The following is a list of the best real money Teen Patti casinos that you can definitely try out in 2022:
- Casumo Casino: This real money casino has a welcome bonus of 100% up to ₹10,000.
- Royal Panda Casino: This real money casino has a welcome bonus of a 50% Matched Free Bet of up to ₹5,000.
- LeoVegas Casino: This real money casino has a deposit bonus of 100% up to ₹10,000.
- Bet Winner Casino: This real money casino has a welcome deposit bonus of 100% up to ₹8,000.
- BetWay Casino: This real money casino has a welcome bonus promotional package of up to ₹60,000.
Teen Patti Games Online
Teen Patti betting sites offer some of the best alternative options to playing this game online. You can enjoy a private multiplayer tournament with your friends or enter a public game with other players from all around. All you need to do is register with the betting site or app and add to your pot. You might also get a welcome bonus to kickstart your 3 Patti experience.
The variations of the Teen Patti online games include Live Dealer Teen Patti, Video Teen Patti and Teen Patti Online.
Teen Patti Online Game Variations
The various Teen Patti Online Game Variations to check out include:
- Mufliss: Also called Lowball, here the hand ranking is reversed.
- 999: The player who gets closest to 9-9-9 wins this variation.
- Sudden Death: Players get 13 cards and they keep on dropping till “Stop” is shouted. Pick the highest card from the remaining cards and if you have the highest in the group, you win.
- Discard One: The dealer deals four cards instead of the regular three. You have to select the best 3 cards and discard the fourth.
- Pack Jack: The usual three cards are dealt to each player and three joker cards are deemed wild cards. These are placed on the table. When a player folds, their cards are considered to be the joker cards.
The other Teen Patti online variations include Plus Sign, Rotating Jokers, Auction, Buying Jokers Seen and Unseen, King Little, Lallan Kallan, Stud, Kiss-Miss-Bliss, Kissing Missing, One-Eyed Jack, Folding Joker, In-Out, Temperature, Closest to 555, Cobra, 2 Cards Open, Wild Draw, Banko, AK47 and even 1942 Love Story (named after the famous Anil Kapoor movie!)
The Many Names of Teen Patti
The game is also called Flush, Flash or Tri-Card.
Need to Know: Playing Teen Patti for Money
Teen Patti online can be played to earn real cash. Once you know the rules and get the tips and tricks into your head, you will be earning enough wealth to last you long.
3 Patti with PayTM
3 Patti with PayTM is a popular option for the Indian Teen Patti enthusiasts. For this, you need to have an account on PayTM either linked to your bank account or having PayTM Cash in the e-wallet. After registering with 3 Patti websites, you need to add money into the pot. To do so, you must go to the “Cashier” section of the gambling website and select the e-wallet PayTM as your preferred mode of payment.
How to Deposit with PayTM?
To deposit with PayTM requires you to have an account with the e-wallet. You just need to transfer the boot money from the wallet to the gambling website in the “Cashier” section. Remember that PayTM also accepts money via debit and credit cards.
Other Payment Methods
Other payment methods for Teen Patti online include PhonePe, AstroPay, Google Pay or even debit and credit cards such as VISA and Maestro.
Mobile Teen Patti Apps
Mobile Teen Patti apps allow you to play the game free or with real money. You can play with friends or with other players from across the world. There are private rooms, public rooms, tournaments and chat options.
Real Money Teen Patti Apps
Some of the real money Teen Patti apps to check out include Teen Patti Gold, Happy Teen Patti, Teen Patti GoGo and so on.
Download for Android/iOS
You can download Teen Patti from the Apple Play Store (for iOS users) and from the Google Play Store (for Android users).
What Do I Need to Start Playing?
You need to decide on the 3 Patti site or app where you will start playing. Then, you need to register and add in the boot amount which has been decided upon earlier by all players. Knowing all the skills, tips and tricks will help you to play Teen Patti and win big.
History of Teen Patti
Teen Patti or Teen Patti Indian Poker is an excellent Indian version of the classic English card game “Three Card Brag”. It is similar to poker and is played on a Teen Patti Table. The game originated in India and is now popular all across South Asia. It all started with people meeting up and gambling together during the major festivals such as Diwali, Janmashtami and so on.
When Is Teen Patti Played?
Teen Patti is now available to play almost all the time online, from all across the world, But, traditionally, 3 Patti was played during the festival season when all the family and friends gathered together for some friendly and fun gambling. Diwali and Janmashtami are two of the most popular festivals when Teen Patti is played in India.
Online Teen Patti Legality
The legality of Teen Patti online varies from state to state in India. Real money Teen Patti with registered and licensed operators can be played in Goa and Sikkim. You can always enjoy free mode or fun mode with friends from other states.
Social Teen Patti
Teen Patti is not a new card game in India. It allows people to interact with other Teen Patti enthusiasts and also play with friends in the multiplayer mode.
Play with Friends, Chat, Socialize!
Online Teen Patti allows you to play this card game with friends and other enthusiasts. You can not only play but also socialise via the chat option open in the live and multiplayer edition.
Play Teen Patti for Free vs. Real Money
Teen Patti apps and websites allow you to play this card game online in the free mode and also in the real money mode. In the free mode, this game can be played just for fun with no pot money to be added in actual real cash via bank transfer. In real money mode, you stand to earn quite a bit if you are good at the game.
Teen Patti vs. Rummy
The table below gives a comprehensive idea about the differences between Teen Patti and Rummy:
|Teen Patti is mainly based on chance and is hence not legal in most states in India.||Rummy is a game of skill and hence is legal all across India.|
|Teen Patti is more complex as you get the cards you will play with at the beginning of the game. You also do not get to use the Jokers. This game is also played with just one set of cards.||Rummy is easier to understand and lets you choose and discard cards till you get your best sequence. The Jokers are wild cards and you play with two sets of playing cards.|
|Teen Patti is mainly popular in India and across the South Asian area.||Rummy is popular worldwide and it originated in the US.|
|Teen Patti is more popular amongst younger enthusiasts.||Rummy is more popular amongst more experienced and middle-aged enthusiasts.|
Teen Patti FAQs
What is Teen Patti?
Teen Patti is an Indian version of the English card game – Three Card Brag. Here, you get 3 cards and you need to create a winning sequence from these.
Is Teen Patti a game of skill or chance?
Teen Patti is majorly a game of chance, although you do need to know the rules by heart to be able to make proper ‘Chaals’ and win.
Is Teen Patti legal in India?
Teen Patti is legal only in the states of Goa and Sikkim in India, if you are playing for real money. In the free mode, you can play from anywhere in India.
Can I play Teen Patti online?
Yes, you can play Teen Patti online at one of the gambling websites already mentioned above.